Sexuality and Safety in Autism and Developmental Disabilities with Dr. Bobbie Gallagher, PhD BCBA-D
1 hour, 1.0 Ethics CEs
About the Presenter:
Dr. Bobbie J. Gallagher, Ph.D., BCBA-D is the Owner/Director of Autism Center for Educational Services, LLC, the Director of Clinical Training for the Department of Applied Behavior Analysis Online Campus at The Chicago School for Professional Psychology and an Adjunct Professor at St Joseph’s University, Criminal Justice Graduate Program, Online Campus.
This presentation will provide an overview of the specific challenges present during puberty and adolescence, specifically issues of safety and sexuality. Strategies for increasing independence while remaining safe will be addressed, and the skills needed to protect children from being both victims of sexual abuse and offenders in the criminal justice system. In addition, issues and strategies surrounding healthy sexual expression, modesty, privacy, and boundaries will be discussed.
- Participants will describe issues involving sexuality
- Participants will describe issues of safety and strategies to minimize risk
- Participants will describe strategies surrounding sexuality, modesty, privacy, boundaries and personal safety
- 30 days access to recording of the training webinar
- Materials and handouts, including a customized resource list
- Link to a participation survey which must be completed in order to receive CEs